Get ready for a delightful trip down memory lane as we hop aboard a whimsical time machine! A thread on Reddit buzzed with excitement as people shared their fondest memories of trends that ruled 20 years ago. You are warmly invited to join in the fun as we unlock a treasure trove of nostalgia.
Imagine yourself opening the floodgates to cherished memories and emotions. Are you ready to jump into the nostalgia? Fasten your seatbelt and brace yourself for a thrilling journey!
1) “Flip phones. A few friends and I agree that if it weren’t for a few key features on smartphones, we’d love to go back to them. If a flip phone had a good GPS and access to Spotify, I’d be down.”
2) “Game console with cartridges. Loved swapping those with others.”
3) “I miss old YouTube where people posted original one-take crappy videos. Now we have all these ‘professional’ YouTubers, and it’s just not the same anymore.”
4) “Things being themed. Back in the 2000s, you would get a doll-shaped sharpener with accessories, brushable hair, AND somehow candy in there too — and the thing was still portable.”
5) “Blockbuster and other film rental places. There was something magical about going in and running around the aisles with your friends or just cruising on your own, picking up anticipated titles and also something that just caught your eye.”
6) “Removable, replaceable batteries in cellphones.”
7) “Living in the moment, unconsumed by media.”
8) “MP3 players. No ads, no subscriptions.”
9) “Skateboarding and everything it brought with it. Skateboard games, skate, pop punk, skate fashion, extreme sports, and movies.”
Ah, the nostalgia was real, wasn’t it? Are there any other hidden gems you would like to share from that era? Feel free to share them!
Cover image via @Instagram